New to Delaware? If you are an existing resident or have just moved to Delaware, you may need assistance in completing your paperwork at the Division of Motor Vehicles. DMV-USA.COM wants new Delaware residents to be able to go to and find the information they need to obtain their driver’s license, Real ID, fee payments and vehicle services.
Delaware DMV Online Services
- Go to the main Delaware MyDMV website at https://www.dmv.de.gov/.
- Select the Online Services option to get started.
- You can also choose from Driver/ID Services and Vehicle Services, Dealer Services and DMV Programs.
- By logging in to Online Services, you will be able to apply for, renew or change your driver license information.
- You can also change your vehicle address or renew your vehicle registration.
- Don’t forget to have an e-mail address handy, optional printer, a valid credit card.
- In some cases, your identification number, license number or your current Delaware insurance.
Delaware DMV: Requirements
Remember that you can complete your paperwork online at the Delaware DMV. However, if you are applying for a driver’s license, Real ID, as well as registering or titling a vehicle, you may need to present some documents at the Delaware DMV office.
If you have all your documents ready, your visit can go quickly and smoothly. These documents include:
- Proof of identity, such as a passport or birth certificate.
Proof of social security number, social security card or W-2 form.
Two documents proving your Delaware residency, such as a utility bill or lease.
Best time to address the Delaware DMV
Keep in mind that if you decide to go to a Delaware DMV office, wait times can be long, especially during lunch hours. Here are some tips to help you during your visit.
- Afternoons tend to be busier than mornings.
- The middle of the week has shorter waits than Monday or Friday.
- You can avoid the lunch hour. Since the Delaware DMV starts the lunch break around noon, which leaves fewer employees.
- Be aware of the time it will take to complete your DMV Delaware appointment, especially if you are obtaining a permit or taking a road test.
Delaware DMV Contact
Wilmington: (302) 434 3200
Delaware City: (302) 326 5000
Dover: (302) 744 2500
Georgetown: (302) 853 1000
Email: DMV Customer Svc