Moving to a state like Colorado can be exciting, even when you need time to get your paperwork done. DMV-USA.COM wants new Colorado residents to be able to find the information they need from the Division of Motor Vehicles.
Need to know how to get a Colorado driver’s license? Don’t know what documents to bring? Established Colorado residents can easily submit change of address requests, license renewals, get your real ID and more online from the DMV.
Book DMV Colorado Appointments and Services Online
- Go to the main Colorado MyDMV website at https://dmv.colorado.gov/.
- Select the online services you wish to begin.
- You can also choose between Driver/ID Services and Vehicle Services or Forms.
- By logging into online services, you will be able to apply for, renew, or change your driver license information.
- You can also change your vehicle address or renew your vehicle registration.
- Don’t forget to have an e-mail address handy, optional printer, a valid credit card.
- In some cases, your identification number, license number, current Colorado insurance or current vehicle emissions.
Colorado DMV Requirements
Remember that you can complete your paperwork online from Colorado myDMV. However, if you are applying for a driver’s license, Real ID, as well as registering or titling a vehicle, you may need to present some documents at the Colorado DMV office.
If you have all your documents ready, your visit can be quick and hassle-free. These documents include:
- Proof of identity, such as a passport or birth certificate.
- Proof of social security number, social security card or W-2 form.
- Two documents proving your Colorado residency, such as a utility bill or lease.
Requirements for Colorado MyDMV online
However, you should also be aware of the following requirements when using Colorado DMV online services.
To apply for your license, ID or to renew your license and ID
- A valid credit card, if payment is required.
- An email address.
- A printer is optional.
To change the address of your vehicle
- You will need to carry your license number.
- Your vehicle identification number (VIN) or verification code.
To renew your vehicle registration
- License plate number.
- Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) or Verification Code.
- Current vehicle emissions, if applicable.
- Current Colorado Insurance.
- A valid credit card or check (if payment is required).
Addressing the Colorado DMV
Keep in mind that if you decide to go to a Colorado DMV office, wait times can be long, especially during lunch hours. Here are some tips to help you during your visit.
- Afternoons tend to be busier than mornings.
- The middle of the week has shorter waits than Monday or Friday.
- You can avoid the lunch hour. Since the Colorado DMV starts the lunch break around noon, which leaves fewer employees.
- Be aware of the time it will take to complete your DMV Colorado appointment, especially if you are obtaining a permit or taking a road test.
Colorado DMV Offices
Need to locate a Colorado DMV field office? Find the DMV office nearest you on the list of all Colorado county DMV offices below. You can also contact the DMV with questions or to book an appointment.
Colorado Division of Motor Vehicles: Locations
1881 Pierce St.
Lakewood, Colorado 80214
Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Phone Colorado DMV: (303) 205-5600
Choose a location from the list below to find out everything you need to know about the DMV in your county, as well as hours of operation, holidays, contact, payment options and related information.
Kit Carson Count