How to request an appointment at DMV Alabama? The Alabama Division of Motor Vehicles oversees driving services in 67 counties.
At your local Alabama DMV office, you can perform tasks such as obtaining driver’s licenses and permits, registering or renewing vehicle titles, requesting or maintaining records for vehicles, drivers, and more. In addition, you can resolve problems related to regulations and violations, request forms and submit them when necessary.
In Alabama, the DMV is called the Division of Motor Vehicles. If you need to visit a DMV office near you in Alabama, you may need to make an appointment to expedite the process or come directly with your documents in hand.
DMV-USA.com is a simple way to navigate the Alabama DMV system and obtain information to complete your paperwork.
Request an appointment at DMV Alabama
- Log on to the Alabama DMV website at https://revenue.alabama.gov/motor-vehicle/.
- Choose one of the services to be processed at DMV Alabama.
- Select from services for driver’s licenses, registrations, titles, insurance or request an appointment at DMV Alabama.
- However, you can also check the hours of operation and access phone numbers.
- Some DMV Alabama offices will be able to assist you in person, others from phone services.
Should you request your DMV Alabama appointment by phone, you can schedule it by calling 1-334-242-9000. Keep in mind that even if you choose to schedule a DMV Alabama appointment, wait times can still be long, especially if you are there during the lunch hour.
What are the best times to head to the Alabama DMV?
Going to the Alabama DMV at any given time may surprise you, perhaps because of the influx of citizens applying for their driver’s license, registrations or vehicle titles more frequently. Here are some tips to help you when visiting the Alabama DMV office.
- Afternoons tend to be busier than mornings.
- The middle of the week has shorter waits than Monday or Friday.
- You can avoid the lunch hour. Since the Alabama DMV starts the lunch break around noon, which leaves fewer employees.
- Be aware of the time it will take to complete your DMV Alabama appointment, especially if you are obtaining a permit or taking a road test.
Alabama DMV Requirements
If you are applying for a driver’s license, Real ID document, as well as registering or titling a vehicle, you may need to present some documents on the day of your appointment at the Alabama DMV office.
If you have all of your documents ready, your visit can be quick and hassle-free. These documents include:
- Proof of identity, such as a passport or birth certificate.
- Proof of social security number, social security card or W-2 form.
- Two documents proving your Alabama residency, such as a utility bill or lease.
List of DMV Alabama Offices
Need to locate a DMV field office in Alabama? Finding a DMV field office in Alabama is easy using the list below. Find the DMV office closest to you on the list of all DMV locations in Alabama below.
By clicking on the motor vehicle office, you will find everything you need to know about the Alabama DMV location. As well as hours of operation, holidays, contact, payment options and information related to the different procedures in the top menu.
Although you are not required to make an appointment before visiting an Alabama DMV location, you can schedule your visit to expedite your processing by logging in from the list below.